©2022 Heiner Sträßer
The Peterskirche is the oldest church in Lindau which dates back to the 9th century. The oldest wallpainting, Christophorus (around 1300), is opposite the main entrance. The wall next to it shows the so-called Lindauer Passion (1485-1490). If Hans Holbein the Elder was the painter is a controversial issue. Around 30 years later, apse and surroundings were painted by Mathis Miller from Lindau. In 1928 the church became a memorial for the war victims and in 1981 for the victims of the National Socialism.