©2023 Heiner Sträßer
View at the old Greek part of Nevşehir.The area south of the castle of Nevşehir was inhabited mainly by Christians until 1923 and the people exchange between Turkey and Greece. Later many Turks moved into the abandoned houses, changed them, built new ones, destroyed some etc. Nowadays the government had decided to renew the whole area and forced the people to move away. Some buildings have been declared as of historic interest and most of the other ones are meanwhile pulled down.