This cave church (John the Baptist) had been built above the old village of Çavuşin inside a huge tuff rock. Originally it had a front with several columns which were visible from far away, but an earthquake made the whole front break down. After the Greek-Turkish people exchange of 1923 the church had been used differently. The space between the columns was filled with walls and most of the frescoes have been destroyed.