©2022 Heiner Sträßer
Nevşehir: Meryem Ana Kilise
After the Turkish-Greek people exchange in 1923, this church was first used to store goods. In 1950 it had been changed into a prison. In the middle of the church they have built a second floor and several walls created the cells for the prisoners. Since 1983 its empty. Here we are on the 1st floor and this separated part served in the prison as a mosque.