Cathedral Maria Santissima della Madia in Monopoli, Apulia
> The area around Monopoli was already inhabited in the Stone Age. But its real story begins in the middle of the 2nd millennium with a large settlement. Later Greek settlers arrived and at some point the village was named Monopoli. As with the rest of Apulia, the ruling dynasties change. After the demolition of the predecessor church, the cathedral was built in 1742. Thirty years later it is finished, but in the following centuries it is constantly being supplemented and further decorated.

>